Tuesday 26 August 2014

Medical: Moving to Dubai with Expatsblog.com

Keeping my feet on UAE soil was a sticking point and sorting out my visa asap was at the top of my priority list upon landing here. So much so that first thing Sunday morning we were up and out, after just two days in the country, sitting in a waiting room at a The Al Safa VIP medical centre in Jumeirah, waiting to complete my medical assessment for my visa.


Most people back home in London found it awfully strange when I told them that part of the visa process for Dubai included a medical assessment. I guess it sounds kinda strict when you take a step back and think about it. But their strict visa processes ensure the country runs the way it does and that ain't a bad thing let me tell you. 

That's not to say I wasn't nervous about the whole process. Navigating immigration procedures in a foreign country is always nerve racking and my experience in Cyprus, despite being a fellow EU citizen was less than ideal. So I had several sleepless nights about the process in Dubai. Needless to say it was super easy and the medical examination took just a few minutes of my day and we were on our way. 

We used the VIP service which sounds fancy, but in reality you pay a couple of hundred dirhams extra which isn't much in the grand scheme of things and you get through the process a lot quicker. There are companies you can pay to help you or your own company will do it with you. We did it on our own and had no problems so my advice, visits Al Safa Medical Centre. 

If you want to know more about the medical examination process, my next article for Expatsblog.com is now live: More About The Medical Examination in Dubai. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!