Saturday 4 January 2014

2014 so far has been lowkey

I haven't been at work for the last few days since the boyfriend is still here and as such I haveb't written the date, or checked the day of the month. I have barely even put my watch on since he got here because I want to have that time-is-endless-because-I-am-on-holiday feeling that comes with not knowing the hour. 

But the point is, because I haven't written the date, flagged an email or answered a phone call, 2014 has slowly crept in and I barely noticed it. I am working on a little list of goals and things to achieve for 2014 but it is still in the drafts folder waiting to be edited. 

Speaking of which, I know I have been a bad blogger since the year begun, but again, that can all be blamed on the boyfriend. The dreaded day of his departure is looming over my head like a grey cloud and soon it will be me, my laptop and the dog, meaning plenty of time to write. 

So I promise I will play catch up after the 7th January. 



2 comments:

  1. Happy new year Mimi! Enjoy these precious moments you get together, I look forward to catching up after the 7th :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Vanisha! Thank you for your kind words. Indeed we did make the most of every moment together but as always times flies when your having fun and he has already gone. As someone who did long distance you know how much of a struggle the first few days after leaving are. Hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel though!

      Delete

comments are greatly appreciated!!