Tuesday 3 December 2013

home post: mirrors

source unknown

I have always lived in small spaces. In London our family home is a compact 3 bedroom apartment and being the youngest child, I always had the smallest room. You know the type; box room with one window that if I stretched out both arms would be able to touch the walls on both side. I make it sound a little like a prison cell I know, but don't worry it wasn't. 

At university, my first year in halls of residence was spent in a slightly bigger room than the one just described. But only slightly bigger. And now in Cyprus, we live in a small but perfectly formed 2 bedroom apartment. 

My experience of small spaces has taught me one thing. Mirrors are your best friend. 

Mirrors for me have two functions. Yes they look pretty and add a decorative feature to any space. But they have the magical power of making any space feel bigger, all with just one strategically placed mirror. 

Mirrors are not just reserved for bathrooms and those dreamy walk in wardrobes that elude me. I have a thing about mirror walls and my future house will have a whole wall covered in them. Cue inspirational photographs.

source

source

source

source unknown


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!