Wednesday 2 October 2013

when there's no indian take-away

One of the things I love about Cyprus is the food and the fact the every occasion is celebrated with a family feast. They love their meat in Cyprus and a Meze (the Cypriot version of Tapas) is my best friend. But the choice of international cuisine is somewhat lacking. I am yet to find a good Chinese restaurant and I haven't encountered an Indian take-away in the entire three years I have been here. 

The upside of this is that it has forced me to get a little more creative in the kitchen. My attempts do not detract from my internal need for a takeaway curry, but you know...........I have to work with what I have got. 

Enter the super quick and easy curry recipe. I used leftover roast chicken from the day before, green beans, red pepper and onion, korma paste, Philadelphia cheese and some chicken stock. So how does all that become a curry you ask. Well it's really very simple! 



Fry the onions, red pepper and green beans for around 10 minutes (note I had zapped my beans for 5 minutes in the microwave before adding them). 

The add about a tablespoon of korma paste (more or less depending on your taste-buds) and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in about 1 and half tablespoons of Philidelphia cheese and once its combined add 1 cup of chicken stock. 

Then add the chicken (if your using already cooked chicken that is). While it simmers for 10 to 15 minutes, you can cook your rice. Voila. Dinner is done in around 30 minutes. 

*if anyone in London want's to send me a curry in the post, feel free!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!