Sunday 27 October 2013

in black and white




source
When it comes to photography, I love anything in black and white. There is something about the simplicity of a colourless image that really excites my eyes and can leave me staring at the same photograph for hours, soaking up all the details within.

Photography is my favourite art form; I like the power an image can construct while accurately presenting a moment in time and perfectly preserving it, laying it bare for the world to see. Black and white photography combines this idea of power, while hinting at the notion of vulnerability. An image without colour holds a certain simplicity, while allowing you to interact with every single detail captured at the click of a button.

In terms of portraits and fashion, it would seem that colour is an integral part of an image. But at times I think it clouds the real presentation of the subject, detracting from the beauty and emotion of a face and overshadowing the details and structure of clothing, rather than enhancing it.

source

source

source

source


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!