Friday 31 May 2013

blog everyday in May - a vivid memory

Day 31!!!! I made it.

I can't actually believe I made it! I have blogged every day in May; even the days I was in London (with a little help from the blogger schedule option), even the days when I didn't want to blog and had that lack of connection with it. Jenni came along with another great prompt to send me on my way.

And here we are at the last day of the challenge....I am a bit late in the day but here we go with a vivid memory. 

The day I started university was probably the most nerve-raking, anxiety ridden day of my life. My brother and my dad unloaded all my belongings into my teeny tiny new home and said some emotional goodbyes before heading back to London. 

This was the first time I had lived on my own, away from home and I am not going to lie, it was a pretty daunting experience. 

Until I met these two. 


Who could resist those two smiling faces. 

We bonded on the first night and became somewhat inseparable for the three years that followed. All completely different personalities but we found common ground somewhere and had many moments of laughter, happiness, tears and maybe a few a tantrums along the way. 

I will always remember the day I met these two (both called Sarah); fresh faced freshers starting our adventures at university. And while I may not remember everything of those three years that followed, we certainly have enough photographs to help us on our way.

2 comments:

  1. I think its great when you meet those people that you become fast friends with. It sure makes the whole College experience so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I love that three people with different personalities can find such a strong common ground that means, even though we are divided by oceans, are still great friends!

      Delete

comments are greatly appreciated!!