Monday 15 April 2013

food; the thing about leftovers

The thing about my cooking is this; I have no concept of portion control. 

You would think by now that I would be adept at working out portion sizes since I have been cooking for two people for two and half years. But no. I still end up with enough food to feed six by the time I am done with dinner prep. And while both me and the boyfriend have a hearty appetite, there is no way we could polish off that amount of food in one sitting. 

As such, my fridge ends up looking like a tupperware haven by midweek. Luckily (and I am not sure if it's thanks to my resourceful student days or my sheer creativity) I have a knack of turning anything into a pretty tasty and substantial meal. Which if you have met my boyfriend, you will know, is not easy.

And last week I exceeded even my expectations. I started with leftover pasta in tomato sauce, added leftover grilled lemon and oregano chicken and then I threw in anything that caught my eye; chorizo, broccoli, green beans and sweetcorn. Cover in cheese, bake and eat. 



Hey presto dinner is done with minimal effort and maximum reward. Sometimes, my lack of portion awareness pays off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!