Thursday 25 October 2012

2 years

Today marks 2 years of living here.......



 Hmmmm, not actually there, thats Latchi, my favourite place in the whole of Cyprus and if I could live there I would be very happy, but its a tiny fishing village; perfect for holiday, not everyday life. 

Back to the point.

This time in 2010, we had packed everything into 3 suitcases, spent a bumpy morning on a BA flight with cheap champagne and sat nervously waiting for the boyfriends dad to pick us up from the airport. 

I dont think either of us really knew what we were letting ourselves in for, but stepping off the plane to sunshine and 25 degrees in October certainly made us feel a bit better about the decision to leave everything and everyone behind and move to Cyprus for...... well nothing. 

With no jobs, no apartment, no car and no friends, it would have been easy to call it an extended holiday and head home as soon as the savings dried up.

Somehow everything fell into place. And 2 years down the line we have carved out a pretty decent life here. We have jobs, we have a home, we have a car and we even have a dog. But more importantly I have found a fantastic little group of friends and without them, I dont think I would make it through the "I miss London" days.



3 comments:

  1. Can't believe it's been 2 years! So jealous of your life my love x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys took the leap! and made it! so happy you're happy there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Its always tough take that first leap but its totally worth it.

      Delete

comments are greatly appreciated!!