Tuesday 11 September 2012

keep your thoughts to yourself

source
When I was younger I was always consumed with what other people thought of me; I guess it's natural as you grow up, mature, develop and discover the real world and all the ups and downs that go with it. 

Since moving to Cyprus my thought process, my attitude and my conduct have all changed. Maybe its because the amount of people I know here is limited, maybe it's because I have a small but extremly supportive group of girlfriends, or maybe it's because women here seem to seek out acceptance and I am rebelling against that notion. 

And then again it could be my age. A year older and maybe a year wiser? I'm not so sure about that. But I guess as you get older you find yourself a bit more and realise there are more important things in life than worrying about what other people think of you. 

Maybe I'll do a series called thought provoking Tuesdays. Or maybe I should lay off pinterest for a while. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I hate that I don't always live this way though (sigh). Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with this statement as I'm sure most people would. I think its something that you slowly learn over time. It took me a couple of years to figure out that one.
    P.S I think the Tuesday series is a great idea. Look forward to seeing if it becomes a regular thing.

    ReplyDelete

comments are greatly appreciated!!