Sunday 5 December 2010

Alison

Jack Radcliffe -  fine art photographer -  documented his daughters life right from the very beginning. What came out of a personal project was a deeply emotional an intense series of images, depicting the most vulnerable, important, challenging and private moments of a daughters life. Fascinated by human relationships, the father-daughter relationship he has depicted, goes further than most, with the camera almost becoming a third person in the development process of his daughter. Fleeting and free moments are caught, and depict Alison's lifetime of experiences. 

"The significance of these pictures emerges in retrospect. I realize as I look at them, that I created a visual life story of Alison, capturing moments in her metamorphosis from infant to woman-her relationships with friends, her rebellion, and underlying it all, her relationship with me, a constant throughout her life. I wanted to photograph her in all her extremes, and to be part of these times in her life without judging or censoring. Only in this way would I have a true portrait of Alison."















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are greatly appreciated!!